Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recent Customs...December/January Roundup

I've been busy making stuff and I've neglected the ol' blog. Here's a little roundup of the stuff I've been working on.

Custom Mini-Skullbrain
from Secret Base. This one is a mix of spraypaint, airbrush work, and hand-painting.
Once completed, this little guy got doused in acrylic clear and looks great in sunlight.































City of Cosmic Travelers is a custom Mini-Munny with a cratered head and a tiny bubble city on top. For his body, I gave him an aged metal finish, covered it with Kandy blue, and then gave it a nice, even clear. This one went to a great KR boardie who has been very supportive of my work since I started posting there.




































8" GID AsteroiDunny: RED MARS Version: This one went out to an awesome customer in Canada. As much as I love the little ones, the larger Dunny allows more of the detail in the sculpt to show through. I had a great time with this one.




































Hedorah from Bandai: I found this cheap Hedorah at Toys R Us a while back. I've been wanting to get more into painting monsters and this was a great place to start. I went with a mix of Montana spraypaint, airbrush (for the trans aqua), and handpainting for the highlights and eyes.

No comments: